This engine was built and broken in here at our shop. The customer then took the engine and had it dyno tested at his local shop.
General engine specs are as follows:
- 360 stroker to 408 cubic inches
- 10.16 to 1 compression ratio
- Hughes Engines race prepped block
- SCAT forged crankshaft
- SCAT forged connecting rods
- ICON forged IC984 pistons
- Edelbrock #60779 RPM heads with Hughes C.N.C. prep work
- Hughes HER2836ALN-7 hyd roller cam
- Hughes main bearing stud girdle kit
- Hughes 1.6 ratio roller tipped rockers
- Edelbrock 7176 RPM intake with deep port match
- Holley 770 carburetor
- MSD 8388 distributor and 31309 plug wires
- March serpentine pulley system and accessories
This engine made 481HP and 503 lb/ft of torque. It is going in a 30's something Dodge truck street rod meant for cruising and long hauls. Given the long flat torque curve this engine will be a cruisers dream.
Click on photo below to see a video of the engine running.
Click the chart below to enlarge