This is an answer to folks who ask if we have ever dyno tested a 383 build-up. This is an engine we that we built and dyno tested it in 2000. It is a very good example of what was possible with a 383 block at that time.
- Cast iron factory 383 block bired +.060"
- Hughes Race Prepped Kit Block work
- Stock stroke OEM forged crankshaft
- Custom Diamond pistons (13.8:1 compression ratio)
- Eagle 6.768" rods
- Hughes Stage 2 ported '906 heads w/ 2.14"/1.81" valves
- M1 Single plane intake modified by Hughes
- 1" open carb spacer
- Hughes HEV6368BS3 camshaft
- Hughes 1.6:1 Roller rockers
- Half fill with hard block
- MSD distributor and ignition system
Obviously this is not a pump gas engine but it never-the-less is a very strong 383.
Click on chart below for an enlarged copy